So, I finally hit the big 3-0 this past Sunday ( 6/25 )
My 20’s taught me and brought me through so much! Initially I was kind of nervous leading up to turning 30, wondering if I look like an Auntie just yet and just nervous about what 30 will bring. Finally, I told myself, just embrace the shit! Below are 30 things ( humorous and serious ) that I am thankful I learned in my 20’s
30. Always put forth your best – even when you think no one is watching, they’re watching
29. Don’t draw on those thick ass eyebrows using a Mac spiked brow pencil.
28. Long, flowy sundresses look like moo moo’s if you are 5’2′ and under.
27. Don’t count your money before it’s in your hand.
26. It’s okay to be a bitch… sometimes.
25. It’s okay to say no.
24. Embrace the art.
23. Try new things, you just might succeed, and if you don’t – no biggie, try something else.
22. Take time, plan things out.
21. Loosen up, have fun.
20. But not so much fun that you neglect your work.
19. Be on time.
17. Don’t over think things.
16. Stay away from gossip and messy ass people.
15. The quality of your friends is more important than the quantity.
14. The quality of your clients is more important than the quantity.
13. Don’t ever let anyone disrespect your craft.
12. Don’t cuss out your clients.
11. Money isn’t everything.
10. All money isn’t good money.
9. Don’t be afraid to ask for help.
8. Don’t be afraid to just do it yourself.
7. You can spare some kickin it hours for work hours.
6. Stay focused.
5. Balance your checkbook.
3. Your credit is important.
2. Your reputation is important.
1. Always keep God first. Even if you don’t go to church on a regular – keep that relationship above all things.